There are six key skills identified by new manager training experts that you cannot succeed without.
If you don’t come by them naturally, you had better find a training program and coach who can help you develop them…that is, if you aspire to a management position.
- Teaming: The know-how to develop strong relationships, build a team, influence others and resolve conflict
- Motivating: The ability to motivate and develop team members for high performance
- Decision Making: An understanding of business savvy—politics, decision making, problem solving, prioritizing, and organizing
- Communicating: The ability to communicate with clarity and power
- Financial Analyzing: Financial skills so you can put together a budget and analyze financial reports
- Project Managing: Basic project management skills to plan and execute projects successfully